Project Linus is a non-profit with a two-fold mission:
- Provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”
- Provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities for the benefit of children.
Project Linus has distributed more than 3 million blankets since its founding in 1995. National Headquarters are located in Bloomington, Illinois. The three Oklahoma chapters are listed here.
How can YOU help?
- Make a blanket and donate it to your local chapter.
- Make a donation.
- Donate fabric and other blanket making materials to your local chapter.
You know a child who needs a blanket…
- Contact the chapter most convenient to the child’s location.
- Check out the Web site FAQs.